Keys 100

Race Day Info

Date/Time: May 19, 2018

Race Distance: 100 Miles

Location(Start/Finish): Key Largo, FLHiggs Beach, Key West, FL

Race Day Temperature at Start (High/ Low Avg.): 86 / 75 F

Sunrise/Sunset: 6:36 AM / 8:02 PM

Race Cutoff (Hrs.): 32

Course Information

Course Layout(Map): Point to Point

Terrain: Roughly 75% on bike paths, pedestrian bridges, service roads, etc., and the remaining 25% is run on the road shoulder facing traffic

Elevation Change (Ascent/Decent): <500 ft.

Altitude Above Sea Level(Min./Max.): 1 ft. / 70 ft.

Number of Aid Stations (Max. distance in miles between A.S.): 11 (10 mi.)

Race Information

Cost: $240 through Dec. 18, $265 through Apr. 28, $290 through May 14

Completion rate: 70% (124/176) 2017, 55% (80/146) 2016 , 67% (97/144) 2015

Course Record (M/F): 13:42:52 Mike Morton (2012) / 14:42:45 Alyson Venti (2014)

Prerequisites/Lottery/Trail Work Req.: No / No / No

Qualifying Race for: N/A

Race Series: N/A

Website: http://www.keys100.com

Race Director: Bob Becker

Year Established: 2007

Other Race Distances: 50k / 50 mi. / relay

Fun Fact: The course takes you across more than 40 islands of the Florida Keys from Key Largo to Key West.

Nearest Airports (HRs): Miami, FL (1.25), Fort Lauderdale, FL (1.5), Key West, FL (2)

Race Reports

2017

Where Are They Now? 1990s Band Rocks 100-Mile Relay

10th Annual Keys 100 Ultramarathon – Bob Becker

2016

Keys 100 – Lesson in Survival – Jodi Weiss

2015 and Earlier

Keys 100 – The Little Bag’s Journey – Jodi Weiss

2014 Keys 100 – Fellrnr

How to Survive – and Thrive – in the Keys: My Keys 100 Playbook – Dave Krupski

Keys 100 Mile UltraMarathon 2013 – “Sex with the pavement” – Andrei Nana

Beth McCurdy’s Intense Keys 100 Mile Ultra Race Report

 

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: